Problem with cutters

Technical advise if your game doesn't run or crash

Moderator: Moderators

Dwarvenlord
Beginner
Beginner

Problem with cutters

Post by Dwarvenlord »

We had an elevated (platform) path with barbed fence running along it. On the platform was a row of cutters and an outside wall. A zombie could get trapped between the fence and the wall, but below the effective level the trap could engage it. Standing on a bridge above the trap, I could watch the charges spin from full very rapidly down to 0. I assume the proximity of the zombie was triggering the trap, but the animation wasn't firing because the zombie wasn't in the kill zone of the trap. I could reload the trap, but it again quickly spun down to 0 charges.
Tetzlaff
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Problem with cutters

Post by Tetzlaff »

If I get you right, the zombies are below your traps and trigger them?

Have you tried barricading the path below?
Dwarvenlord
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Problem with cutters

Post by Dwarvenlord »

The zombie head and shoulders were even with the bottom of the trap. They were walking on the ground, and there was a platform that was elevated. There was a wall on the outer edge of the elevated platform. Both the platform and the wall were upgraded to metal. In front of the platform was a row of spiked fences pressed directly against the platform.

The problem happened during a night time zombie attack. Due either to the sheer number of zombies, or because of jumping zombies, one of the got glitched between the fence and the wall even though there was no space there. At that point 90% of the zombie was below the trap.

Regardless, it triggered a trap charge to go off with no animation, and in the matter of a second, it blew all 100 charges off the trap. It happened multiple times in different spots along the wall in the course of a couple of nights.

I have also noticed that traps trigger through walls, and zombies can attack through solid walls.