Best combination of traps for a pendulum alley?

Use this forum to get help if your stuck, don't know how to craft something or in any other game related case

Moderator: Moderators

Tetzlaff
Beginner
Beginner

Best combination of traps for a pendulum alley?

Post by Tetzlaff »

I'm wondering what traps would perform best in a pendulum alley. I thought about spike traps or cutters but I wonder if trebuchet or ballistas could perform better :boink:
SolutOdka
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Best combination of traps for a pendulum alley?

Post by SolutOdka »

Hello Tetzlaff :) !

The pendulum generally speaking works very well with spiked floors underneath yes.

Some other ideas for consideration in your maze design:

Now it depends on your exact configuration, but you could also take into account that if the edges of the pendulum are "open", the pendulum can push these zombies outside the maze (then they likely need to walk back to the very beginning of the maze !).

If you have several pendulums at 90 degrees angle with each other, you could also consider adding a barbed fence / spike right in between then, so zombies get stuck, and also increases the pendulum efficiency.

If this is an area with overhead reloading access, you could also add compressors, and you can reload both pendulums and compressors from above !

Cheers,

Solut
Tetzlaff
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Tetzlaff »

Yeah I already thought about having barbed fences on each side like this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <- Barbed fences

Would be awesome to have trap-smilies to explain build setup ideas or something like a sketchboard. Don't know if this is possible ?!

The 90° approach is an awesome idea! :bingo: Will think about this kind of setup now.
Can't wait to try this ingame :reap:

Btw. - can I place cutters inside of the pendulum alley as well ? I havn't tried yet.
SolutOdka
Team Member
Team Member

Post by SolutOdka »

Hi Tetzlaff,

Hehe yeah having like a sketchboard would be awesome :). Maybe what can be done for now is either have an image on imgur.com, or a video on youtube :).

About the barbed fence / spike trap, I was meaning that you can actually place it under a pendulum trap, at the extremities, and when these are placed at 90degrees, it happens this very narrow space you could place the spike is in the bend, where a vast majority of the zombies will be hit :D .

In this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776sA9u ... e=youtu.be at 07:30 there is a short run through a section of the pendulum area of the maze, with spiked floors and spike traps, to explain what I meant :). But in that example they are at 180 degrees, not 90 degrees.

you cannot place a cutter under a pendulum trap, or at least i think so.

The advantage of placing either spiked floors or spike traps (barbed fence), or a combination of both, is that these traps slow down the enemy, which acts well to increase the pendulum efficiency :twisted: .

Cheers,

Solut
Tetzlaff
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Tetzlaff »

About the barbed fence / spike trap, I was meaning that you can actually place it under a pendulum trap, at the extremities, and when these are placed at 90degrees, it happens this very narrow space you could place the spike is in the bend, where a vast majority of the zombies will be hit :D .
Now I got it :boink: :cheers: